Background

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Rope Training

Did you guys know that when I first came to live with my Momma as a puppy in training for Guide Dogs for the Blind that I wasn't a big rope player? No, it's the truth! I just didn't get the point of it and I wasn't very good at it.

When I first came here, my Uncle Greg was in town and he taught me to play rope. He taught me to play rope good. Now, I can sometimes beat Arwen and I always beat Rosie. I'm convinced that the reason Arwen wins a lot is because she's bigger than me. I'm a little lab and Arwen is a big golden retriever!

I'm working up to beating her all the time. My granddad is helping me train. Today he trained with me and then he helped me beat Arwen and showed me how to do it. It's all about muscle memory in your jaw and legs you see.

I'm off to train some more. Probably going to do a few laps around the yard and then to some puppy push-ups. Momma use to do those with me to help me train. Works out the front paws.

Love and Lab Kisses,
Hilly

No comments:

Post a Comment