Background

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Queen on the Castle

No, not me. I still have a few years to go before I can even be considered the Queen of our little castle. Nope. I realized that I wasn't giving enough attention to my pack and thought I might introduce you to them both. As she is the leader of our small pack it's obvious that I should start with Arwen.
Arwen, the large Golden Retriever leader of our pack
Arwen will turn 10 in January. 10! That's pretty old (don't tell her I said that). Arwen is the Queen of the house. My 'grandparents' pretend that they run the show when really it's Arwen. They all dote on her. Gosh, she's got a nice set up. She once started limping a little after a walk and the humans dropped everything to take care of her. The limp wasn't even that bad. I wonder if I'll ever be in that position of power. 

Arwen sitting out by the tree in our backyard.

Anyway, I respect and love her. Momma always says that she's her four-legged sister so I guess that makes her my Aunt Arwen. She's taught me a lot of stuff like how to respect the older generation (they'll play when they feel like it and not before. I'm telling you puppies, don't even try) and how to bark at the door and get up on the sofa when the house is empty. She's a great mentor.  Though, everyone likes to joke that if she was ever a Guide Dog Puppy she would have been dropped the day she was born. I suppose that means I've got one up on her in that reguard.
Arwen is a happy camper.
My Momma and Arwen. Can't you see the family resemblance?
Arwen showing me what's what by taking the comfy couch and leaving me on the floor.
 Anyway, now you pretty much know Arwen. She may be grouchy at times but when she decides to play she gives me a run for my money.

Love and Lab Kisses,
Hilly

No comments:

Post a Comment