Hey Guys! My Momma let me start this blog so that all of my blogger friends can keep up to date with what's going on with me. For those of you who don't know me yet, let me introduce myself.
My name is Hilly, I'm a black lab, and I'm not really your average dog. I started my life as a Guide Dog Puppy in Training for Guide Dogs for the Blind. I started off with my first Momma and then came to my current home to finish up my training. You see, I really like other dogs and my first Momma needed a little help to get me past that issue. So Guide Dogs sent me to my new Momma because she is experienced in dogs like me. Well, two weeks ago Jim, Jim's the big boss man for us puppies in training, came to take a look at me. He was really, really impressed with how far I had come along since he first saw me. He was all set to send me in for my advanced training when he asked my Momma the "million dollar question." He asked how I was around dogs I didn't know all that good. Well...I'm not perfect around them. I just wanna play so bad that sometimes I whine in hopes that Momma will let me go sniff and say hello (she never does though). It was decided right then and there that I would be dropped from the program. So, now, I'm what my Momma calls "her Career Changed."
I'm a "Career Change" because now I've got another really important job. I'm my Momma's forever girl. This means I have to do a lot of hard things. It's not easy being a pet. She also says that when she's done with her advanced training (she calls it University) that she'll certify me as a Therapy Dog! That means I'd get to go lay around with people and be loved on all the time. That sounds like a pretty good job to me!
Anyway, Momma wanted me to do a 17 Month post. She says it's "a send off from your training life and into your pet life." Whatever that means. I guess it's because she normally wouldn't have me for very long so she counts her time with her puppies in training by month. So, this is my 17 Things at 17 Months post.
17 Things I'm Loving about the Career Change Life
1. Sleeping on the Bed. I like to cuddle with Momma.
2. Playing with Balls. Seriously guys, these things are the best!
3. Flavoured Nylabones. I love my regular ones, but these are so great!
4. Filled Marrow Bones. I though that regular sterilized marrow bone were great until I tried these!
5. Peanut Butter. Might have gotten over my dog issue had they used this stuff.
6. Getting up on the Furniture. I can get away from Rosie and keep my toys all to myself this way.
7. Tricks! I love performing my new tricks. They're so much fun and I get food for them.
8. The Almighty Clicker. Every time the Clicker God clicks my Momma is trained to give me food.
9. Playing out in the yard alone. Ok, Momma still checks up on me a little, but she's doing in less and less.
10. My Hedgehog. My Momma bought me a stuffed hedgehog and I love it. I couldn't have it when I was in training because it was stuffed and it squeaks. Now I love walking around the house squeaking my hedgehog.
11. Cheese. This stuff is almost as good as peanut butter.
12. Sniffing! My Momma wouldn't let me sniff stuff when we were out on walks before. Now I get to sniff everything!
13. Jumping. I'm a hopper and Momma wouldn't let me hop around other people before.
14. Jogging. This is so much fun. I don't know why they never let me do this before.
15. Fetch. This is the most funnest game ever!
16. Not having to walk across the hot parking lot. I loved working. Don't get me wrong. But the nice cool grass in the backyard and the air conditioned house sounds pretty good to me.
17. The Dog Park. I haven't been yet, but we're going tomorrow. And it's called the DOG park. How can that not be fun!?
Love and Lab Kisses,
Love and Lab Kisses,