Background

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Dog Beach

Well, Momma left about a week ago. I've been a little too sad to post anything up. I miss her, but I'm going back to work now after my month of being off. Arwen told me that Momma used to go away for the whole summer and was back during the school year. I wish it was that way now. I know she comes back, but it feels like fur-ever before I see her again.
But, that's enough of the sad stuff. She sends me love and cuddles everyday, so I know she has not fur-gotten about me. Plus, you guys probably don't wanna hear me mope. You all wanna hear about what a fun summer I had. I'm hoping to post once a week. Hopefully it will work, but sometimes my "grandparents" need their computers.

Today I'm going to tell you all about my first time at an off leash dog beach! It was a lot like the dog park only bigger. Much, much bigger! I was so excited when we first got there that I ran the FULL length of the dog beach. I think Momma was a little worried that I would keep running and wouldn't come back, but she is silly like that sometimes. I stayed inside the boundaries like a good dog and came back to check in with Momma often. After a while she went to go sit with Grandma and Boo and just watched me play. I guess that means that I did good!
Me standing in front of the waves...but never in them!

Then I decided that it was time to get a little dirty. And what better way to do that than to roll in the sand. Momma was laughing so hard that she didn't get a picture of me, but she says that I put my head to the ground and almost "bulldozed" my way through the sand. Then I would roll back and forth and got my whole back covered in the stuff. Hey, if Momma can use it to ex-foli-ate her skin than so can I. What Momma did get a picture of was the after effect. I was super sandy for a couple of days.
A close up of my face. There is sand all over my nose and tongue and around my eyes.
One thing I do NOT fully understand. Did you guys know that some of the dogs there were getting into the water. I mean...they were SOAKING WET from head to tail. I just do not get how anydog would want to get into that cold, wet stuff unless it was for some good reason. And I definitely do not get how they actually think it's FUN. So when the other dogs chased their toys into the water to bring them back to their Mommas and Daddies (something I didn't fully understand until Momma got me this special toy and now I'm beginning to understand it more and more) I would have to wait until they got that darn ball and came out of the water to continue playing. Even Momma seemed to think that I should think getting wet is fun. So, I humored her and when she walked out into the ocean I followed her.

I did find a few other dogs who shared my views that water is to bathed in and not to play in. One of them was a handsome, long coated Collie. He reminded me a lot of my pal Kobe...except Kobe is like Arwen and is kinda grumbley sometimes. This Collie played a lot and he REALLY, REALLY liked me. I had to tell him that Momma doesn't allow me to date. But he was cool with that and we still got to be friends.
Me and my Collie friend running on the beach.
Me jumping my new Collie friend. I'm a jumper.
A line of three us going from smallest to biggest from right to left. I'm in the middle

We stayed at the beach for about 4 hours before we left to go home. Boo, my grandma's little poodle, did a little running around. But not much. He's also kinda grumbley. All in all I had a really, really fun time at the off leash dog beach. I hope me and Momma get to go more often next summer. *wags tail*

Another picture of me standing on the beach.
Me and my momma on the beach.
Me playing with a friend. She played that "fetch" game so I just chased her when she chased the ball. My momma says that at least she'll never have to worry about me being a ball thief at the park.

Hopefully I'll be back next week with some more adventures.

Love and Lab Kisses,
Hilly




No comments:

Post a Comment